- CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Dr. habil. Sergey Ovsyannikov!!
Habilitation thesis: “High-pressure synthesis of novel transition-metal oxides with unusual crystal structures and prominent optoelectronic and magnetic properties”.
With the decision of the Faculty Council of the 11th of November 2020 approving the university teaching qualification of Dr. Sergey Ovsyannikov, he has successfully completed the habilitation process. Congratulations with the great step forward in your research and pedagogic career, Sergey!
- Habilitation in progress!
Dr. Thomas Meier has successfully passed the intermediate evaluation of her habilitation. Congratulations, Thomas!
- We are happy to welcome two new Team members Alena and Andrey!
A good start has been made despite the COVID-19 pandemic: Since arrival to Bayreuth in the middle of August, Alena and Andrey have attended our Summer School, collected single-crystal synchrotron XRD data at the Extreme Conditions Beamline at PETRA III, and reported their first results at a Group meeting
- Now we explore new possibilities of working remotely at the 13-IDD station (GSECARS) on the advanced Photon Source: DAC Users Rock the New Norm!
- We are back to PETRA III after “Corona-break”!
- CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Georgios Aprilis!
PhD thesis: “Pulsed laser heating in the diamond anvil cell: applications in geo- and material sciences”.
- Anna Pakhomova and Georgios Aprilis: Posting this nice family photo, Anna and George are thrilled to announce the birth of a healthy baby boy on the 13 th of March 2020. They have named their baby boy Dmitry. CONGRATULATIONS, Anna and George!
- Leonid Dubrovinsky: Appointed as the Editorial Board Member of the Minerals journal (ISSN 2075-163X; IF 2.250)
- CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Egor Koemets!
PhD thesis: “The crystal chemistry of iron oxides and oxyhydroxides at extreme conditions: implications for the deep Earth’s oxygen cycle”.
- Habilitation in progress!
Dr. Sergey Ovsyannikov has successfully passed the intermediate evaluation of his habilitation. Congratulations, Sergey!
- CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Dr. habil. Konstantin Glazyrin!
Habilitation thesis: “Complex effects of pressure on structure and physical properties of transition metals oxides”.
With the decision of the Faculty Council of the 22nd of April 2020 approving the university teaching qualification of Dr. Konstantin Glazyrin, he has successfully completed the habilitation process. Congratulations with the great step forward in your research and pedagogic career, Konstantin!
- Natalia Dubrovinskaia: Elected Member of the DESY Photon Science User Committee (DPS-UC).
We are happy to announce a successful launching of our gas loading apparatus at DESY, Hamburg!
The first hydrogen loading in a DAC with 250-um anvils was safe for the diamond anvils, which stayed intact during the loading and sustained pressure of 51 GPa after the loading.
We congratulate all our team members and would like to express our special gratitude to Konstantin Glazyrin, Hanns-Peter Liermann and the staff of the P02.2 beamline for their efforts and dedication! We are grateful to Alexander Kurnosov for his efficient support.
We look forward to our exciting future experiments utilizing the great capability of this instrument.
- Presentation: Thomas Meier
"Magnetic Resonance in Tight Spaces – Perspectives and New Directions"
Geophysical Laboratory, Washington DC
Occasion: Seminar Talk
Habilitation in progress!
Dr. Anna Pakhomova has successfully passed the intermediate evaluation of her habilitation. Congratulations, Anna!